Add Reply
New Poll

In Search of Babylon: Three, Myung CD Piece
Flex Johnson
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 02:42 AM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

user posted image

The other evening I was treated to an interesting conversation by my dear Raiden. It was not an upsetting or unsettling conversation; it was merely one I’d had not pondered upon. It’s rarely that I’m caught of guard—and that’s what happened during the course of this talk.

It was a brisk, almost chilly almost morning. It was a week where Misha and I were not scheduled to wrestle; so, she was not in town. Raiden and I had a fair amount of business to attend to and handle downtown. Therefore, we got up bright and early to get it all accomplished.

As one would probably imagine, Raiden and I make quite the fearsome team. I think it’s because we spent so much time together over all the years. The bond we have developed is quite strong. While he is my manager or agent you could say, in many ways I see him as a father figure.

Having a fatherly figure is quite pleasant, considering the circumstance.

Raiden and I had left Ji and the other Stone Wolves behind that day. It’s not that they aren’t helpful. However, they can be a hindrance sometimes. I realize that sounds hypocritical, since I haven’t been involved in the organizational side of things very long. Nonetheless, I know when it is just me and Raiden handling things, we are a lot more efficient. The only member that didn’t hinder was Misha (when she was allowed to conduct certain business manners with us). Obviously Misha and I have a strong bond; Misha has developed one with Raiden as well. So when she’d come along with us, things were easy going.

With Ji and the others? No so much…

But I digress. After handling our matters, Raiden and I were strolling about and sipping on drinks—that is until he turned around and asked me that fateful question.

“Are you truly happy with this life?”

That’s a deep and piercing question, isn’t it?

Interesting enough, it was a question that I could not answer right away; it took a moment or two of thought.

“What do you mean by this life?” I asked him. “If you mean devoting my time to wrestling and becoming better in the ring, then yes. If you mean bonding with Misha and devouring the tag team scene, then yes.”

Those answers were not completely satisfactory to him.

“Those are important facets indeed. However, I meant with life as a whole. Life as a ranking member of the Yamaguchi-gumi. Life as a leader and commander of the Stone Wolves. This life in which other people’s live are in your hands…”

I stuffed my free hand in my pocket as we walked a long. My mind began to think upon his words. I grew tired of thinking after a moment or two; therefore, I just began to speak from the heart.

“May I be honest, Raiden?” It was a rhetorical question. He kept quiet. “Let us be frank. My entry into this world was not a kind one. I do not know my parents. I do not of their personalities or their struggles. All that I truly know is that they me up. All that I truly know is the I wasn’t important enough to fight for in their eyes. And so they gave me to the highest bidder.” I paused for a moment. “I did not have much free will as a sponsor of the Yamaguchi-gumi. I cannot say that I was mistreated, not at all. But I had no say in whether I wanted to wrestle or not. I had no choice in whether I wanted to travel or not. I simply followed commands. I followed commands like a blind, nameless soldier. So, if you were to ask me that question then, the answer would be no.”

A sip of my drink allowed me to press on. “I didn’t necessarily feel like a human back then. I didn’t feel like a person that mattered in most people’s eyes. You were an exception, Raiden. I always knew that you cared.

“However, that is different not the case anymore. Specifically not feeling like a human.

“My connection is Misha is very special. In truth, she could have elected for a strictly professional relationship. Instead, she elected for a true friendship.” I nodded my head. “She encourages me. She keeps me safe. And when I am out there in the ring with her, I feel as if I could do anything.

“Then there are the rest of the Stone Wolves. They are new to our clan, new to the Yamaguchi-gumi as a whole. I am aware that a female ranking member is unorthodox, but they have accepted me.

“And there is you of course,” I said as I turned my head in his direction. “You’re like a father to me. Even when I was alone, you cared for me. That is something I can never pay you back for; and it is something I’ll always be grateful for.”

They walked a bit in silence.

“I think that people within the Yamaguchi-gumi always thought I was useful. I am an attraction in the ring, so I make the organization money. But now? Now I truly feel important, despite the work that we must do, despite how dangerous it might be.”

I let him know that in short, that I was happy. My answer seemed to convince him ever so slightly; a smirk later came to his face. He pulled me in close and gave me a hug. He then told me that I needed to let him know if I ever was unhappy—that there were other rules within the organization that I could fulfill. I assured him that I’d let him know if that was the case.

Things ceased being so awkward as we carried along.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by alyssa of sp & www & shine