Add Reply
New Poll

Ground N Pound feedback, Yup...
Seth Iser
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 07:49 PM

Group: Members

I'm placing this thread as a placeholder to where the feedback for this insane show goes. I'll get to mine eventually don't worry...but holy fuckballs what a show.
PM
^
Cupcake
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 04:07 AM

Advanced Member

THIS IS MY PLACEHOLDER

in the place of placeholders

Quick notes:

lmao I was all ready to sell the hell up out this loss SURPRISE
I had people DM'ing me going: did you see the IYHWF results dropped go look hehehe
I had to carefully choose the gif for this morning >.>

I'll have a lot more in depth feedback after nap happens.

WELL IT WAS A LONG NAP.

but not really, I just ended up having to write a bunch of matches lol

An overall impression for the show is that ALL of the segments did what segments are supposed to do - set the scene, whet the appetite for the upcoming matches, make you wonder what's going to happen after, etc.

And really it can't be said enough - turning in segs helps YOU as much as it does save sanity of staff and lets them see you're engaged with the storylines etc

I think the matches each fit the way they were supposed to - and I'll give some thoughts on each when I add more to this.
Because there's more to this but I'm sleepy...

eek

==

Brien Storm vs Jessica Anderson - quick pace, which gave the whole thing a sense of urgency that you want for an opening bout on a show with this much going on. Brien is such a shit and Jessica so beloved, that it added another layer to the action too.

Southern Hostility vs Hyphy Machinery - LOL the car horn. Street fights are great when you really capture the chaos in them and this does. These two teams pair off so well with how opposite they are, so it's extra.

Can't comment on the RFC I wrote it :X

Team Fury © vs Bad Omens (Banshee & Hellhound) - paid a lot of attention to this, since I knew it would have bearing on the Main Event, but even without that added element this match did a good job of hyping that up without losing focus to the actual match at hand, the tag title match. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif The ending sequence was good for showing that teamwork with Team Fury and made Banshee look tougher as it took both of them to drop her.

Michael Diablo vs The Kraken vs The Ikiryo vs Minka Carter - The thing is going into this, there was no clear... like sometimes I can look at a card and tell you exactly who will win (and sometimes even why). This wasn't like that, which was a plus. Angelica was GREAT on the commentary as well, plus adding in these little things like telling people that Iser is obsessed with surpassing Shawn and Angelica - that just sets the stage. Usually I'd have been surprised at how Iser cheated to seal the deal, but this is a man driven to do ANYTHING.

*Sidenote: Kudo's to Iser's handler for using the stuff we talked about with Shawn's offer and even WHY he was doing it. That's great stuff and again, adds in a layer.

Shawn Fox © vs Bad Omens - LAWD.
Leading up to this, I knew it was going to be a big thing.
And I made the decision that no matter what the outcome was, Shawn was gonna be Shawn... he's flawed, he's had to learn how to forgive people, he's not that selfish dick he was when he joined IYHWF. He's also just about the most stubborn ass character I run LOL.
So it was fun to show how he set himself against Stella - trying to troll her, pick at her, her glee in responding, and then Shawn turned that corner and was like WELP, somebody's going down with me!
I was giddy that I got to use a perfect Tombstone gif, AND a Nazareth song (well a good cover) on our Twitter build, hoping to show that while Shawn was railing against "Fate and Stella" that he wasn't going to concede the day so to speak.

And really, if you're going to go out on a Five on One, there's worse ways to have a "screw job" match. Shawn got his shots in, and then WELL ANGELICA LAYNE LAWD JESAS.

She trolled EVERYBODY but that troll on Stella was epic. lmaoooo

It's a weird internal change let me tell you, from figuring out how you're gonna sell a loss like this, to figuring out how to SALT STELLA'S WOOUUUUNDS rofl

The match had so many good moments for everyone in it too, which is great, giving people things to dwell on and I think that legit people will now see what Seth Iser has /always/ seen in Shawn. The best part is, it showcased something that you DO see on IYHWF shows that you don't always get anywhere else.

This is a match that nearly EVERYONE would have bet would have gone out with Stella as champion and there was genuine SHOCK on people that Shawn retained. lmao I got DMs telling me to hurry up and go look LOL

Getting people talking in a positive way? That's what you hope for. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
Chris Cryptic
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 10:46 PM

Administrator
Group: Admin

AS ALWAYS THIS IS CHELLE & I IS TOO LAZY (and a little tipsy) TO LOG OUT AND IN AS ME

Quick feedback from me for meow

Segs were great thanks as always for sending them in. Big thanks to Seth & Katie for helping put with matches (and gordon who I nagged to finish the one I was doing)

I just wanna say i hope Mina was crushed and panicky all week bout the shitty way shawn was gonna lose, only for Angie to come out all LOLOLOL NOPE! <3 love you Mina lol you know we'd never fuck you like that.
PMEmail
^
Cupcake
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 11:14 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chris Cryptic @ Mar 31 2018, 06:46 AM)
AS ALWAYS THIS IS CHELLE & I IS TOO LAZY (and a little tipsy) TO LOG OUT AND IN AS ME

Quick feedback from me for meow

Segs were great thanks as always for sending them in.  Big thanks to Seth & Katie for helping put with matches (and gordon who I nagged to finish the one I was doing)

I just wanna say i hope Mina was crushed and panicky all week bout the shitty way shawn was gonna lose, only for Angie to come out all LOLOLOL NOPE! <3 love you Mina lol you know we'd never fuck you like that.

LOL I KNOW

It was more a sense of... welp he gonna GO DOWN SWANGING.... and really if he was gonna lose a five on one isn't a bad way ROFL. That whole Angie part (I feel like I'm spoiling my own feedback) but I was like WELP HERE WE GO and then OH SHIT HERE'S ANGIE GONNA CASH IN WE'RE BOTH DED.

hehehe. And she ultimate trolled Stella so hard. So hard.
PM
^
Blyss
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 01:06 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Admin

First off, I wanna say, WHAT AN AWESOME SHOW AND CYCLE IT HAS BEEN! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif The stories that developed have been really entertaining and I'm just so glad to see how strong we are today. Secondly, I didn't get to make a video this time cos of school and work that has me basically gone to hell. But for this next cycle, I'll try my best to plan it so that I can make one since it's IYH Wrasslemania! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

And now thirdly... The show feedback... Let's start from the beginning http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

The opening
Stelipulation LOL Great opening commentary with running down the matches for the night. I like the bit of history there with Amanda and Kelly. Even tho it's been said before, I appreciate the reminder cos you'll never know when you'd use it in some SL down the line and with the way SH has already got Team Fury in their sights, this is useful info. I also like the brief mention of Brien distracting Jessica during the #1 contender's match. It sets the tone for their match later.

Bad Omens seg
We wrote this one as a group to establish that building a legacy is their ambition as a unit. Hope that message is delivered well. I think my writing partners did an awesome job as always. Love ya guys! <3

SH seg
I love this! Such a good heel seg. Insulting their opponent and making comparisons with them and the local audience, insulting their city, is beautifully done! Haha Idk bout the others but reading 2 long ass segments in a row at the start of the show didn't bother me at all. This seg is quality!

Brien Storm vs Jessica Anderson
Would've been nice to see either one send in a seg to hype this up but I'm sure they would if they had the time. Nonetheless, this match may not have been built from a long feud but it's still fun to see how this would go. I rooted for Jess cos Brien is such an asshole! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Tho I totally can see why he'd sabotage her during the match against Serena haha I'm glad Jess won this one cos she needs to show him she's not one to mess with! Go Jess! Also, I would love to see Jess go on to reclaim the RP title or even move up to the PG title scene.

Hyphy Machinery seg
Another great seg! I just love the flow of their dialogue lol It adds so much personality and excitement which is awesome for a face team. Especially when they're going up against SH.

Serena seg
SM: Sorry. How rude of me. How may I help you?

This had me nearly LOL in the bus reading. Hahahahah Poor Jack— I mean, Rodney. Err, or is it Gary? http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Serena's losing it more every week and it's great!! I can't wait to see what she does next.

SH vs HM
THIS MATCH. THIS MATCH THOOO!!!! Amanda crashing her head through the window and that fucking Battle of the Bull through the sunroof was madness! That bit about Amanda screaming like a woman possessed with blood streaming down her face is one image I can never forget now lol What an amazing way to end this feud in this cycle. HONK HONK HONK! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Katie seg
Ooh good seg! I love how far this feud has come. After reading both segs, I'm excited to see who comes on top. Also love how Katie handles herself as a champ against the wild Serena.

Shawn seg
Haha oh man I love Shawn! He brought up a great point about Stella wasting an opportunity to go 1 on 1 against him and prove she doesn't need her buddies to win. Really did a great job with painting her as a cowardly heel while reassuring readers that he's the champ and he's not afraid to face her and the rest of Bad Omens cos he's Shawn muthafuckin Fox!

Katie vs Serena
Great match! Rapid Fire rules is always such a great match stip and you can really sense the urgency between the characters to win. Plus the story behind their rivalry makes it an entertaining read! Congrats to Katie! She did it! Guess Serena's going back to hunting down Jack haha

#WORLDSCOLLIDE ad
OOH BOY!!!!!! Of course by now we all know what it is! I already knew of the collaboration beforehand but to see this makes me excited all over again. Can't wait!!

Team Fury seg
While Shawn claims that Stella is wasting her opportunity to face him 1 on 1, Gordon here thinks Bad Omens are fighting smarter. It's true, they've got matches for the tag titles, PG title AND IYH title—all on 1 show. Tho Kelly makes a good point about how Bad Omens seem more focused on the ME. Great showing of opinions between the two yet they're both going in confident as the tag champs!

Team Fury © vs The Bad Omens (Banshee & Hellhound)
I've already read this match before the show was posted cos I needed to know how to sell it in the ME later. And I told Chelle and Gordon (who wrote it) that I loved it. Great fast pace to the finish! And that ending! Haha Chelle knows how to write Banshee losing her shit!

Diablo seg
A kraken, a ghost, a demon hunter, and the devil.

Yeesh! One of the most highly anticipated matches on the card is between these 4 interesting and distinct characters and I can't wait! Short and sweet, as always lol But it really speaks volumes about the match.

Michael Diablo vs The Kraken vs The Ikiryo vs Minka Carter
This match thooooo! Seth did an amazing job writing this one. It's not easy writing a FFW in a semi-summarised format but I honestly don't care about the length cos it's sweet quality. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif Every character gets his/her chance to shine and Iser winning with his feet on the ropes made me LOL. After all that, he won by cheating haha! So diabolical, it's awesome! Yay finally Bad Omens scores 1! And of course Angelica on commentary makes it even better http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Moretti seg
Didn't expect this seg with Moretti and I love it! Not sure what he was about to call her there lol but him adding on to the hype of the ME is a great touch! Poor Stevie gets chased after him on a powered wheelchair smh hahaha

Shawn Fox © vs The Bad Omens
As mentioned, I wrote this one so pls do let me know what you think of it. I tried my best to sell everything that the four Omens have gone through earlier in the night, which is why Iser and Marcus didn't do as much as the other 3. And in all my excitement (and struggling lol), I kinda forgot about doing pinfall attempts lol I was too focused on other things, sorry! I hope it still comes out ok. Also, I hope I did the build to the ending and the ending justice. I had a lot of fun writing this match, especially starting from the part when Stella was preparing for the Dragon's Breath for the first time and Shawn was just bleeding as Iser and Dante holds him up. I knew I had to make it so fucking dramatic that you're gonna think, "Yup, that's it. Stella's gonna win this. Game over, Shawn" and just force you to watch the whole thing LOL And then Angie comes out and I imagine how the arena might just explode if this were real life so I had to make the commentary all in caps to sell it.

“CASH IT IN!”

“GO FOX YOURSELF!”

Some fans are assholes to other fans but in a fun, harmless way, and I brought this in via the chants here lol I hope you guys have as much fun reading as I did writing it.

Final thoughts
Major props to Gordo and Chelle for constantly developing amazing ideas every show cycle. This one has been so fun and I love being part of IYH! I can't wait to see how we grow from here. DOTI is gonna be fucking awesome, I just know it! And of course, thank you for allowing Bad Omens to be part of IYH. <3 Oh and uh, Gordo, is it time to bring back Thunder 'N Lightning yet?!! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

To Chelle, Seth and Robb, thank you for running Bad Omens with me. It's only gonna be wilder and more fun than ever! <3

To everyone else, it's always a true pleasure interacting and working with you guys and I can't wait to see how your characters develop from here on out. If I haven't worked with you in any way yet, I hope to get a chance to do so. Whether on Twitter, in a segment, CD or anything, hit me up! Banshee will be glad to torment your character http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif If not, you are welcome to bully Kevin lol!

GUYS, LET'S DO THIS!!! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cupcake
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 04:13 AM

Advanced Member

OKAY FINALLY

just scroll up there's feedback
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by alyssa of sp & www & shine