Add Reply
New Poll

In Search of Babylon: Six, CD Piece
Flex Johnson
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 02:22 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

user posted image

“Myung!” The Kumicho’s voice rang out clearly from her Macbook’s speakers. “When my secretary told me that you wanted to speak with me, I was quite surprised. Very rarely have you ever contacted me directly.” He let out a small laugh. “However, it is a very pleasant surprise.”

Myung had been across the room as tidying up a few things in the pantry as the Boss spoke. She finished up and snatched a bottle of Fiji Water out of the fridge before she plopped herself down at the kitchen table, which held her laptop.

“Forgive me Kumicho,” she said as she untwisted the water’s cap. “You know that shyness grips my tongue at times. Or, it did so in the past anyway.”

“I’m quite aware,” the Kumicho said followed by a hearty laugh. “But it appears you’ve slayed that beast, haven’t you? I know we have not spoken in a while, but I have been receiving reports of your growth and progress. Your set of skills were always valuable to the syndicate; even still, your stock has risen even higher over the past five or six months.”

Myung took a long sip of water before she replied. “Thank you, Kumicho. Those are most kind words, especially coming from you.” She sat her water back down on the table. “I suppose I am doing a competent job as Shatei, yes?”

Competent? You are doing far better than competent my dear. Raiden constantly sings your praises. I’ve also received glowing reviews from your Isshi Ookami recruits. They tell me that your leadership is invaluable.”

“Wonderful.”

His kind words made Myung smile. Raiden often complimented her on how she’d handled things; however, his words didn’t always satisfy her. It was kind of like when your father told you he was proud of that painting you made in art class. She wasn’t sure he had been genuine or if he was simply being a “good dad.”

But coming from the Kumicho? There was no question that she’d been gooding a sufficient job. The Kumicho was pleasant (at least in her interactions with him), but he always been a straight shooter.

“Well, I was told that you wanted to discuss some business with me?” the Boss asked. “Is that correct?”

“That is correct,” Myung said as she adjusted in her chair. “I arranged this call because I have a question.” She paused for a moment. “Or more accurately, I have a request.”

This seemed to peak his interest.

“Oh?” He laughed a bit. “I thoroughly enjoy this and empowered version of Myung Pak. You’ve finally blossomed into the powerful woman I thought you’d be.” The Kumicho paused as he composed himself. “I am curious now. Please state your request.”

“You tasked me and Raiden with establishing the Yamaguchi-gumi and the Stone Wolves here in Australia. We have accomplished both of those tasks in stunning fashion, if I may say so. The Yamaguchi-gumi are the only visible and viable syndicate here. And the Stone Wolves have grown up strong here. The members are young, but there are already leaders amongst them.” Myung nodded.

“And when one task is completed, a new mission is often given out, yes?”

“You’d be correct, Myung.”

Well, my request is that you transfer me, Raiden, and couple of the Stone Wolves back to New York.”

Her request stunned and shocked the Kumicho a bit. The two had spoken about the “incident” that had occurred the first time she was assigned there. It was established and made clear that she had killed the Isshi Ookami leader after he attempted to assault her. Her kill was justified in the eyes of all, especially the Boss. However, it still surprised him that she wanted to return to the place.

“Give me your reasoning, my dear.”
“Reports have said that the New York division of the Isshi Ookami have been out of control as of late. They have been wild. They have been reckless.” There was a small pause. “I realize that their actions where the result of my actions. I killed member of my own clan; I killed New York’s top Isshi Ookami leader. I know that my actions were reasonable, but facts are facts—I caused this.

“However, things are different now. I am not the same timid and naive woman I was a couple of years ago. I believe that Raiden and I have the power to fix the New York division.” She nodded her head. “The Australian Isshi Ookami are strong. There are a couple people that are fit to lead. And things will go smoothly once some of the other clans begin to migrate there.

“Additionally, Misha is in New York. Since she is a sponsored athlete, it is good for once to have direct contact with her. Plus…” Myung paused for a moment or two. “She is my dearest friend. I do not wish to lose that bond.”

“I see.”

There was a long pause.

“Our request has been noted Myung—and it has been granted.

“New York’s division of the Isshi Ookami are essential. And I believe you two can get shape them up and get them in order. I just ask that you attempt to keep the bloodshed to a minimum. If people are too troublesome, you may send them back to Japan. I’ll rectify things personally.

“Does that sounds fair?”

“Most fair,” Myung replied.

“I enjoy this side of you. Boldness suits you very well. Continue to grow.”

“Yes, Kumicho. I shall.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by alyssa of sp & www & shine